Worldpay Graduate Programme - UX
- £36,000 including flexi benefits
- Apply by:
- 30th May 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
If you already have a passion for UX and UI, and want to build upon your existing skills to become a world class designer, Worldpay will be able to take you on this journey. On this programme you'll be able to garner market leading product design and translate high-level ideas into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
We have recently centralized all of our UX functions into one global team. This means you'll get to work on initiatives which span several geographical business units and product capabilities which will allow you to see the bigger picture of how design operates in a worldwide organisation. Collaboration is also key in this role as you'll spend your time liaising with world class designers, product managers, developers and innovation architects. With this diverse range of thought comes incredible ideas and together, you will build your design into reality.
Have a creative mindset
You must already have proven experience in design and have a creative mindset when building new things. An interest in how this is done digitally through exceptional UX and UI is a must. You should be familiar with some of the latest design tools including Axure, Invision, Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite. A passion for learning new design concepts and tools will help you to excel in this role.
The nature of a fast paced industry like fintech means that we must constantly respond to the demands of our merchants who operate in a multitude of different industries, all with differing needs and requirements. This means that design must respond accordingly. You must be empathetic to these changing requirements and to work closely to reflect the most contemporary of demands.
- You will facilitate the entire design process, from early product prototypes straight through to fully productionised services
- You will be working closely with business stakeholders to determine customer requirements
- You will generate detailed specifications and use this to inform your UI
- You will be staying up to date with the latest design and development trends in tech
- You will be interpreting the needs of our many merchants to translate their needs into usable design.
- You will be creating new designs and concepts on the Adobe Creative Suite
"You don’t have to be the loudest person in the room to succeed here; if people sense you’re interested and want to learn, they’ll push and encourage you. That’s one of the reasons I joined, I felt they’d really invest in my potential. And because we’re doing such interesting things with data and tech, I feel like you get experience and training just by showing up and being around the people you work with. If you’re interested, people will always give you the time which is what I love about the culture."
Sign up for job alerts - its free