|Salary:||£30,088 to £37,432 + benefits|
|Sectors:||Computing & IT, Internet & Digital Media, Public Sector|
Location: Primarily based at Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London. However, visits to courts across England and Wales likely. The HMCTS Digital Change Directorate (HMCTS DCD) based at 102 Petty France, London and therefore working from this location on an occasional basis will be required.
Salary: £30,088 - £37,432
Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) is an agency of the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) and provides the supporting administration for the Judiciary across England and Wales. It delivers services to the public directly in court and tribunal buildings, remotely via business centres and digital services online.
The programme includes creating high quality digital products and services, modernising the court estate, updating and replacing its technology, speeding up and streamlining working practices, refurbishing buildings to reduce maintenance costs and provide much improved services for service users, especially vulnerable witnesses and victims.
This support role is as part of a dedicated 2nd/3rd Line support team. The 2nd Line Service desk deals with complex incidents, maintenance and monitoring as well as development and delivery of new requirements using MS365.
Support is also provided to the judiciary on other products as well as advice and guidance that includes departmental/government/judicial policies for the use of digital services.
• 2nd Line point of contact regarding support for c25,000 members of the judiciary, located nationally who use eJudiciary and other IT products/services. Capture, record and resolve incidents in accordance with agreed protocols/SLA’s.
• To take on responsibilities relating to other Judicial and RCJG IT services in support of escalation of live service issues, delivery of services and investigation/delivery of new requirements.
• Manage customer expectations when dealing with an incident/new work request and show reasoning and analysis when providing options and recommendations to resolve/deliver;
• Maintain ‘Service Now’ log of all incidents raised and resolve incidents in accordance with office standards and the SLA.
• Follow (major) incident, change and problem management operating procedures. Contribute to maintaining them and suggesting improvements.
• Proactively monitor calls trends, using this knowledge to provide suggestions to stakeholders on improvements to the service.
• To provide input into wider team’s initiatives. The post-holder will be expected to actively contribute to the team’s operational objectives and provide input into how the team can improve and meet its targets;
• Produce/maintain clear and concise documentation (office protocols, team guides, user guides, communications to user, etc).
• Identify and procure hardware/software and assist with financial management and invoice payment, following departmental guidelines.
The following skills/qualifications are essential for the post:
• Knowledge and experience of administering MS365 (at 2nd line level). The post-holder is required to have specialist knowledge of MS365 environment - Exchange online (e.g. message tracing, managing malware incidents), SharePoint (e.g. create a team site), Powershell (create and execute scripts), Azure (Dynamic Security Groups) and Skype for Business;
• Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint (as described by most external courses);
• Knowledge of the different operating systems/devices highly desirable, however Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and iOS is essential.
• Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders. This role will involve dealing with the senior judiciary;
• Experience of dealing with incident, problem and change management processes.
• Being able to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders clearly and concisely (e.g. explaining a complex incident in plain English).
• Experience of working in a 2nd Line team within an IT support environment.
To find out more or apply for this vacancy please Click here
Closing date for receipt of applications is: 5th February 2018 at 23:55pm
Competitive London ASAP
Competitive South East, London ASAP
£24,483 to £26,866 London, Hounslow, Maswell Park, Hounslow West, Hounslow Heath ASAP
18k to 28k London ASAP
£25,000 + benefits + pay reviews Leeds, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP