|Salary:||£18000.00 to £24000.00 per annum depending on experience|
Graduate Journalist - B2B Finance
£19k - £22k
A London based specialised provider of news and analysis on the global bonds markets. As part of an experienced, close knit team in our Central London office, the successful applicant will be a talented aspiring journalist who has an interest writing about finance and enjoys networking and breaking news.
The role involves speaking with market participants in order to find out about any new deals, producing detailed analysis on the thinking behind these deals and broader market commentary. You will also be involved in the planning, production and delivery of international showcase and awards events.
Although this role involves working on a niche area of the capital markets you will gain the kind of detailed insight into how the financial markets work to enable you to produce insightful commentary on the broader economy.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Providing email commentary and tables for reports
- To produce copy to the standard as set out by the managing editor, style guide and handbook
- Meet volume targets (daily, weekly) as set out by the managing editor
- To put a major emphasis on ensuring all data is as clean and thorough as possible
- To act as responsible ambassador for the brand at all times including phone interviews, face- to-face interviews, meetings, social gatherings and awards ceremonies etc.
- To feel empowered to share ideas for improvements/developments of any product whether by email, in regular meetings ie data, editorial, company.
- To take ownership of tasks, developments as requested by line manager
- to act at all times in an enterprising, forward-thinking manner and to raise any issues of concern with the line manager without delay and in a spirit of openness
- To share knowledge/contacts and any other tips with members of the team
- To qualify for this position you must be a driven, self-motivated Graduate with a strong ability in writing and ideally an interest in finance. You must be confident in building relationships and being able to hunt out the next big piece of news!
- Degree educated - Ideally Journalism, Finance, Philosophy, Politics or Economics (need to be able think and write about complex issues)
- Passion for financial (Ideally but not essential)
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to plan and deliver to deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. The ability to work cross functionally and influence without direct authority.
- Strong people person with a talent for building and maintaining relationships.
- Team player with ability to work within a small but close team environment
This is an exciting opportunity with great scope and prospects. This role will give you fantastic start to your career in Journalism
This position is a permanent role, based in central London with a great working environment and company Well being Programme, which includes health insurance and gym membership.
Apply today by sending me your CV via this website.
Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly on:
Consultant - Aspire
0207 612 3955
Please check out my profile on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bolu-faseun-43494397/
And follow us on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/aspiregraduates
Sign up for job alerts - its free
Up to £28000.00 per annum plus benefits London ASAP
£22000.00 to £26000.00 per annum negotiable depending on experience plus benefits plus Bonus London 22-Oct-2018
Up to £24000.00 per annum plus benefits London ASAP
competitive plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP
£22000.00 to £26000.00 per annum plus OTE London ASAP
Competitive + Benefits + Bonus London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits Watford, London Various
£24,000 per annum London, Liverpool, North West, Manchester 1-Nov-2018
Expenses will be paid. London ASAP
£23,000 to £35,000 OTE plus benefits International (Europe), International Ongoing