|Sectors:||Consultancy, Engineering, Computing & IT, Science & Technology, Research & Analysis|
This exciting opportunity is a graduate position within the SD&R division of Sungard Availability Services. It is designed to induct the successful candidate into the organisation, by broadening their knowledge and providing first-hand experience of key industry skills. This position is focussed around development - we expect it to lead to more senior technical and managerial positions as part of a defined career path within Sungard Availability Services.
This position will offer experience to many of the technology components within Sungard’s Cloud infrastructure, the technologies used in Sungard’s Cloud Infrastruction are leading edge technologies in a highly competitive marketplace. The graduate role is primarily around the Lifecycle, maintaining security and upgrades of the Clouds and knowledge and exposure will be gained in all the tiers of Cloud
Sungard Cloud Services uses Cisco, Juniper and VyOS Firewalls .
Cisco is the provider of choice for Sungard Clouds, extensive exposure will be gained in this area.
Sungard operates an extensive VMware estate and this will be a key focus, exposure will also be gained with Openstack, Redhat KVM and Citrix XEN technologies.
Cisco blades and physical servers are the primary technology, some exposure to HP Server technology will also be available
NetApp, EMC and IBM are the vendors used within Sungard, Cisco powered Fibre Channel SAN technology and iSCSI and NFS are extensively used
The Graduate Cloud Engineer will be responsible for researching software and bug releases from the various vendors, then working with the 3rd line Cloud Engineers to see if these releases are relavent or pose High, Medium, Low risks to the Secure Cloud Environment.
The Graduate Cloud Engineer will work with the 3rd line Cloud Engineers to create the change plans and execute the software rollouts and patch releases across the 5 tiers of the Cloud.
In addition to software upgrades and bug releases the Graduate Cloud Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the security certificates across the Cloud.
The Graduate Cloud Engineer will work closely with Secure Cloud Management to manage and report the risks around maintaining the government acctreditation of the platform and maintain the documentation appropriately.
• On track to achieve a minimum 2:2 honours degree in an IT, science, mathematics or engineering discipline -Essential
• Technical Competencies (Experience and Knowledge)
• Previous experience within a customer service oriented position - Desirable
• Previous experience within an ICT related role - Desirable
• Skills and Behavioural Competencies
• Strong written communication skills -Essential
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment- Essential
• High level of interpersonal skills - Essential
• Self-motivated and able to work with the minimum of supervision - Essential
• Willing and adaptable to accommodate a wide variety of tasks and duties, with an ability to work under pressure - Essential
• Able to bring a sense of urgency to situations and demonstrate an active approach to the resolution of tasks, goals and objectives - Essential
• Strives for excellence in critical work activities - Essential
• Demonstrate a customer service focus - Essential
• Strong attention to detail / comfortable working within a highly-detailed environment - Essential
• A methodical and rational approach to problem solving - Essential
• Ability to exercise caution and care in completing day to day responsibilities - Essential
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and complete BS7858 British standard screening prior to joining the company
£24000 to £27000 London Various
£24,000 to £27,000 North West, Manchester Various
£24,000 to £28,000 plus benefits London 14-Aug-2017
£36,000 plus benefits Yorkshire ASAP
£25,000 to £29,000 + benefits South East, Coventry, South West, London, East Midlands, Leicester, North West, Scotland, Manchester, Sunderland, Nationwide, Glasgow, Brighton, Bristol ASAP
£23,500 + Benefits Nationwide ASAP
£19k London ASAP
competitive plus benefits London ASAP
£21,017 p.a. plus benefits plus Bonus East Midlands Various
£36,000 plus benefits Yorkshire ASAP
Competitive plus benefits plus Bonus International (Europe), London 1-Sep-2017
competitive plus benefits West Midlands, Birmingham ASAP
£20000.00 to £24000.00 per annum depending on experience plus benefits plus OTE Central ASAP
£24000.00 to £25000.00 per annum plus Bonus Central 2-May-2017
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire, Nationwide Various
competitive plus benefits Central, Oxford ASAP
Competitive Glasgow, Scotland ASAP
£14,000 to £15,000 + Benefits + Bonus Leeds, Yorkshire 1-Sep-2017