|Salary:||£22,433 + benefits|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Customer Service, Engineering, Environmental, Energy & Utilities|
We are the Environment Agency. We protect and improve the environment.
You will be part of a diverse organisation which takes pride in welcoming applicants from all sections of the community.
Acting to reduce the impacts of a changing climate on people and wildlife is at the heart of everything we do. We work with government, local councils, businesses, civil society groups and communities to make our environment a better place for people and wildlife.
We’re investing £1.4 billion between now and 2021 that will reduce flood risk to 300,000 homes across the UK.
This role is extremely varied and draws upon a range of transferrable
and specialist skills. Working closely with other teams and
organisations, you can expect to be involved in any of the following:
• Supporting the design and delivery of our flood defence maintenance programmes
• Supporting the planning and programming of flood risk projects
• Collection, analysis and interpretation of data
• Flood risk mapping and review of planning applications
• Working closely with communities, residents and businesses
• Taking part in incident management when flooding occurs
Do you want to make a difference to people’s lives? Join us to help protect even more homes and businesses from future flooding.
Flood and Coastal Risk Management is the largest department at the Environment Agency. Our teams plan, design and manage flood risk improvement projects, working in partnership with communities and other organisations to protect people and property from future flood risk. We are looking for flexible and future focused individuals who can adapt to changing priorities and are keen to work in the environment and flood sector.
Through your experience to date you will ideally be able to
demonstrate some of the following:
• An understanding of the impact of flooding
• Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers
• Delivery of work by planning, tracking, gathering and maintaining data/information
• An appreciation of flood risk assets or assessment management
• Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team to make decisions and achieve planned outcomes
• Good organisational skills and an ability to use MS Office
• Excellent communication skills
The key things we’re looking for are transferrable skills and capabilities, so do not be put off applying if you don’t have a degree and/or you don’t have experience in this sector.
As an entry level grade we welcome all backgrounds, preferably with an interest in engineering, geography or a science discipline.
A full UK driving license is required for this role.
As well as a competitive starting salary we offer:
• A generous career average pension scheme (18.5% contributions from us)
• Holiday allowance related to grade and length of service, rising from 27 days to 30 days per year, plus eight statutory public and bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time employees)
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave schemes
• Leave for examinations, approved studies, public duties, special/reserve forces, environmental work, trade union representatives and health and safety representatives
• A range of flexible working options, including flexi-time - these depend on business needs, but our aim is to help you achieve a positive work-life balance
• Occupational health benefits, including counselling and advisory service, eye care service and access to our employee assistance service
• Interest free loans for season tickets and/or bicycles and safety equipment
• Childcare vouchers scheme
• Subsidised sports and social clubs
• Up to two days paid environmental outcome days each year. These give you the opportunity to take part in community activities with a clear environmental outcome for people and wildlife
• Many other rewards, including shopping, leisure, fitness, finance and travel benefits and discounts
Everyone starting in a new role with the Environment Agency will be welcomed into the team and given all of the training and support you need to succeed.
As part of your comprehensive induction you will also be provided with all the equipment required for your role. There are also fully funded opportunities to develop further academic/professional qualifications.
The Environment Agency offer an extensive range of employee benefits.
For further information on this role, the employee benefits and the work of the Environment Agency, please download the candidate pack.
For any questions relating to this role, please contact: FCRMRecruitment@environment-agency.gov.uk.
These vacancies are a mixture of permanent and fixed term contract opportunities.
We are currently recruiting for this role in the following locations: Bedford, Bideford, Bodmin, Brampton, Chelmsford, Colchester, Ely, Exeter, Ipswich, Kettering, Launceston, Lincoln, London, Norwich, Nottingham, Penrith, Preston, Rye, Sale, Sevenoaks, Warrington, Welwyn Garden City and West Malling.
Interviews are scheduled to take place from week commencing February 26.
We apply the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check when recruiting staff to our posts. This includes a basic criminal records check. Some posts may require CTC level security clearance, this will be confirmed to you during the recruitment process.
Competitive London ASAP
£18000.00 to £20000.00 per annum plus benefits plus share scheme London ASAP
Competitive South East, Runcorn, Dunbar, Central, Beddington, Wales, North West, Scotland, Cardiff, Ardley ASAP
£24000.00 to £26000.00 per annum negotiable depending on experience plus OTE plus Bonus London
Competitive South East, London, Central ASAP