Locations: Industry placements will be in London, Leeds, Edinburgh, and Stevenage– you must be available to commute or relocate to one of these locations to apply
Start Date: 8th January 2024. Please only apply if you are available full-time from this date
You must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be successful.
Why join Digital Futures?
We are a purpose-led technology training and services company. Our mission is to create opportunity for people like you by giving people from all backgrounds the necessary skills and confidence to start a career in technology.
By focusing on potential, rather than background or experience, we unlock exceptional talent and help people to thrive in their first role in tech. We focus not only on your first role with us, but also on setting you up for success throughout your career.
If you have the right mindset and drive, we will help you reach your career goals, preparing you to become a leader of tomorrow.
Your journey with us:
1. Training – your journey with Digital Futures starts with 12 weeks of free immersive training, during which our team of expert instructors will help you learn essential technical and professional skills to prepare you for your career in Data Science. Our training is delivered online, with one-to-one mentoring and group project work.
2. Certification – you will achieve the certified Associate-level Python Programmer certification (PCAP) from the Python institute, one of the most respected certifications available for aspiring data professionals today.
3. Employment - We will offer you a full-time employment contract with Digital Futures. You will be placed in a technology team with one of our clients, with a starting salary of £27,500 + benefits
Our data analytics pathway covers key concepts and technical skills you will need to be successful in your first data analytics role. Available modules include:
- Coding fundamentals (Python, SQL)
- Exploratory data analysis
- Data storytelling and visualisation (Tableau)
- Ethics in data and AI
- Applied mathematics and statistics
- Data model measurement and testing
- Insight and decision making
- Machine learning (Regression and Classification)
- Natural language processing
Training is underpinned by a professional skills curriculum designed to ensure that all our engineers are workplace ready once they have completed their technical training. Key professional skills modules include:
- Effective Communication
- Competency Interview training
- Goal Setting
- Time Management
- Business Awareness
- Being a Digital Futures Employee
About the role:
Our data roles are varied and give you the hands-on opportunities to gain the experience you need to succeed as a data analyst, business analyst or junior data scientist. You will be:
- Analysing large and complex data sets to identify trends, patterns, and insights.
- Developing reports and visualizations to present data in a meaningful way.
- Working with the team to identify data quality issues and develop solutions to address them.
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to understand their requirements and provide valuable insights to support decision-making.
- Assisting with data preparation and cleaning.
- Continuously monitoring data performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest data analysis techniques and tools.
What are we looking for?
You don’t need any previous formal education or experience in tech or data to join our Academy, if you can demonstrate the following characteristics:
- An understanding of the basics of Python
- Genuine interest in tech and how it can help the world
- Growth mindset with a commitment to lifelong learning
- Self-starting and motivated by personal development
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player and collaborative in nature
- Delivery mindset with the ability to get things done
- Truly motivated by the first step in a career in tech
Join us and start your Digital Future today.
Digital Futures is a purpose-led technology training and services company that helps individuals from all backgrounds acquire the necessary skills and confidence to start a career in technology.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
Related :computing & it jobs leeds computing & it jobs london analyst digital nationwide
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Data Science and Analytics Graduate Scheme - West Yorkshire
Lloyds Banking Group
South West, Yorkshire
DCC Graduate Programme
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, International, Nationwide
Data Engineer - Digital Futures - Nationwide
£27,500 + benefits
South East, London, Scotland, Yorkshire, Edinburgh, Leeds, Stevenage
Graduate Analyst - TPP
Data and Analytics Industrial Placement
Lloyds Banking Group
South West, Scotland, Yorkshire, Edinburgh, Leeds
Transport Modelling and Analysis Graduate Scheme - Transport for London (TFL)
£28,500 rising to £30,500 in year 2
Remote (work from home), London