Cognizant - Cloud & Infrastructure Analyst Graduate (Nationwide)
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
We are recruiting a Cloud & Infrastructure Analyst to join Cognizant, a prestigious Global organisation currently ranked within the Top 5 Professional Services companies globally.
The CIS Cloud Services organization provides Cloud and Infrastructure consulting and transformation services to Large Enterprises across Europe. It is part of the Cognizant IT Infrastructure Services horizontal, which services all verticals.
We are looking for a motivated, career and customer oriented graduate to train as a Cloud Engineer, focusing on Security (Design, Implementation, Configuration, Monitoring, and Compliance)
A cloud engineer helps the cloud architect, design and implement cloud solutions for customers in their cloud adoption journey. This is an exciting for a graduate to work collaboratively with Architects, Application specialists/owners and Engineers.
Although this role is advertised with a Manchester location you would need to be geographically flexible and willing to relocate anywhere in the UK.
The role is hands-on and will support the assessment exercises, proof of concepts and the delivery of public cloud environments for some of the largest and well-known brands in the world utilising ground breaking cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
What to Expect
- You will receive up to 10 weeks training delivered by QA Consulting held in Manchester's MediaCity UK.
- The training and accommodation are both free during this period
- Alternatively, you can opt for a monthly bursary/living allowance instead of accommodation in Media City.
- Starting salary of £29,000 per annum post training
- Candidates benefit from industry recognised certifications (where applicable)
- A career in one of the largest and fastest growing digital consultancies
- Opportunity to gain experience in large multinationals , brand names and other leading companies
- A 2:2 or higher in a STEM Degree with a strong desire to start kick-start you career in Software Engineering with a Cloud specialism
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with Global project teams – excellent communication skills both verbally & in writing
- You must be geographically flexible as this role is with an IT Consultancy
- Typical day to day responsibilities for this role will include:
- Responsible for development and hands-on implementation of Cloud solutions (AWS/Azure/Google).
- Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure comprehensive Cloud solutions are implemented.
- Work closely with architects and engineers to deliver cloud solutions that effectively reflect customer business needs, security, and service level requirements
- Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in cloud
- Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and contribute towards migration recommendations and to-be Architectures in AWS/Azure
- Understanding of the Cloud tooling landscape
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant
Sign up for job alerts - its free