Capita Novus - Software Developer - London
- Apply by:
- 23rd March 2020
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Ignite your career in IT with Capita - Software Developer
Capita has been working across the public and private sectors for more than 30 years improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies.
Our 70,000 employees combine our talent, creativity, software, technology and innovation to deliver business critical services and solutions across all our markets, solving the complex challenges of our clients, increasing productivity and enhancing their use of technology and data.
What our Developer programme provides you with
Our IT skills development programme – Novus, provides you with industry approved free training and work experience that will launch your career in development.
Supported by the British Computer Society’s IT skills framework the programme begins with 8-16 weeks of exclusive training based in either London or Manchester, focusing on the newest and most relevant industry methodologies and working towards certifications from various professional bodies including the BCS, Oracle and Microsoft.
During training, you will receive financial support by way of a training bursary, and upon successful completion of the core modules, you will have the opportunity to be employed on a two-year contract, working on internal assignments or on-site with one of our prestigious blue-chip clients. You will be involved with some of the most exciting projects across the UK, from producing an innovative mobile application and working on business-critical systems to designing and implementing software solutions and developing code.
What we look for
Our values are important to us and define who we are as an organisation. We have a culture that is open, collaborative and innovative and we’re looking for enthusiastic talented people with the skills, knowledge and attitude to become part of our team and deliver great service to our clients.
• A minimum of 2:2 in an undergraduate degree
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
• Previous experience of practical coding skills in at least one of the following programming languages; C#, C++, Python, VB.net, or Java
• Strong written and spoken communication skills
• An analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
• Flexible with work location due to exciting client projects being across the UK
What you’ll receive
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals during the programme you will have the opportunity to further your career on completion. Alongside these career enhancing benefits, you’ll also receive:
• Industry aligned competitive salary
• Bi-annual bonuses based on performance reviews
• Financial reward on completion of the two-year programme
• Enrolment onto Capita’s pension scheme
• Flexible benefits such as share scheme, additional holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, cinema tickets and restaurant vouchers.
We hire continuously throughout the year and have programmes starting every month in London and Manchester. If you have a passion for technology and programming, then we would like to hear from you!
Apply now to start your Novus journey today and be part of a graduate programme that values and invests in your future.
Sign up for job alerts - its free