Blake are market leaders in the world of envelopes and postal packaging, distributing to over 45 countries worldwide. We provide sustainable enveloping solutions that create memorable experiences to anyone receiving messages and products.
At Blake, we offer high-quality envelope overprinting on a variety of envelope sizes from our Creative Colour Range. Whether you want to design a small pack of envelopes or you need 3,000, our web to print tool allows you to design in colour, black and white.
We’re proud to be working with the likes of Harrods, L’Oreal, Halifax, Oxfam, Liberty London, RBS, Sony and Ralph Lauren to name just a small selection.
Check out the Blake story here.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Sales today is not merely about persuasion and charisma; it requires a deep understanding of the products or services you represent. By immersing yourself in our organisation, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the technical aspects behind our offerings, empowering you to present them with confidence and authority.
As a Commercial Sales Graduate, you have the unique opportunity to shape our customer’s experiences, provide solutions to their challenges, and forge long-lasting relationships. Your success will not only be measured by the numbers you achieve but by the positive impact you create through your dedication, integrity, and genuine care for those you serve.
The successful candidate will be enrolled onto the Introduction to Business Development Programme, which is a recognised modern Apprenticeship. This will accelerate your sales learning, and capability, and combined with the technical training you will receive day to day, will make you best placed to be successful in the role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To build valued and long-lasting business relationships with existing and new customers to achieve sales revenue targets by:
- Answering sales calls in a professional and customer centric manner (you must sound enthusiastic and interested asking questions about the person and the business to make sure we are able to deliver what the customer needs and in a way that the customer can enjoy the process).
- Providing quotations to customers as required.
- Follow up on quotations and prospects in a timely manner.
- Resolving customer queries in a manner which maximises customer satisfaction.
- Reviewing account portfolio spend patterns each week and negotiates successfully to maximise outcomes for Blake and the Customer.
- Planning and carrying out an effective contact strategy to ensure that spend is developed in line with individual customer target expectations.
- Development of non-spending accounts to maximise sales revenues.
- Producing relevant reports and updates to ensure the wider team are kept fully informed.
- Input to the Sales forecasting process as required.
As a Commercial Graduate, in the analogy of football, this role would be classed as a Defender. A lost order is like letting a goal in, your job is to ensure no goals are scored against you.
Progression is into Midfield where this role is to develop dormant under-achieving, warm leads into regular spending customers… others call it business development.
Further progression is into Attack, where you are pursuing cold leads in view of them becoming customers of Blake or, however playing in position as outlined.
We welcome candidates to apply if they possess the following:
- Positive attitude adopts a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Energetic and driven.
- Resourceful with own initiative
- Makes it happen.
- Loves to win.
- Team player.
- Hungry, Humble and Smart.
- Passionate about the business.
- A DNA for sales.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communicator and have superior people skills.
- The ability to influence and negotiate with others.
- Sales and prospecting process knowledge
- Exceptional time management and organisation
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems and being able to think outside of the box.
- Ambition and a desire to succeed.
- State of art office
- Free lunch
- A bonus based on the company GP performance and achieving its EBITDA target.
- 23 days holiday each year plus bank holidays, increasing for employees who reach 3- or 5-years continuous service.
- Training programmes in view of your personal development. We encourage you to pursue a course in your first year of employment with us.
- Mentoring and coaching.
We are looking for someone who is degree educated, and who is enthusiastic about making their career a success through hard work, dedication, and resilience in the world of sales, and is willing to relocate/commute to Bristol.
If you have an industrial placement or experience in a commercial role, this would be advantageous.
Ideally, you will hold a full and valid driving licence.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.
Recruiting and developing the right graduates to supercharge your business.
Sign up for job alerts - its free
Related :blake commercial graduate programme sales scheme account manager mangement product development bristol somerset discovery graduates
People who applied for this job also applied for:
DCC Graduate Programme
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, International, Nationwide
Business Development Graduate – Summer 2024
£33,000 + Location Allowance
London, West Midlands, North West, North East, Republic of Ireland, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne, Heathrow
Graduate Management Trainee - Nationwide
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Sales Development Representative / Business Development Representative
£35,000 basic, £50,000 OTE
Remote (work from home), London
Graduate Trainee Auditor - Audit Scotland
£26,867 per annum
Scotland, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness
Trainee Recruitment Consultant - London
£24,000 to £80,000 OTE year one
Spencer Ogden Ltd