|Salary:||£24,000 + Benefits + Bonus|
|Location:||London, Southall, Alperton, Edgware, Carshalton|
|Sectors:||Education & Teaching, Management, Training,|
Assistant Managers will assist and support the Centre Manager with the overall management of the centre ensuring the service is consistently delivered to a very high standard. You will be a part of a full time management team of three graduates sharing a passion for education and will contribute directly to building the reputation of our brand in your centre's local area.
This is a challenging, yet rewarding role requiring you to excel in a promotional and managerial capacity in order to help drive forward the growth and development of our learning centres. You will be a quick learner and require a high level of initiative, determination, resilience and flexibility, while taking responsibility as a team for the success of the centre through meeting ambitious targets.
As a key member of your team, you will be launching a new centre and contribute to the development of a growing customer base as the centre progresses towards operational maturity (12-18 months), while supporting a team of 12-20 tutors and directly assisting in the running of a complex business unit. You will soon acquire a high level of functional business experience and it is hoped you will embrace the opportunity to progress to Centre Manager within 12-24 months where you will directly supervise staff and have overall responsibility for the Centre's development, operations and profitability.
Due to pupils' availability for tuition, the role requires working some unsociable hours as our centres are open 7 days a week.
Main responsibilities and duties:
Duties - Sales & Marketing
• To follow standard sales procedures and processes in dealing with prospective customers
• To assist the CM with follow up on enquiries and update CRM system accordingly for accurate reporting
• Accountability with own team and regional manager for business targets (membership, retention and profitability)
• To be an ambassador for the Accelerate Learning Centres brand
• To promote the centre via a range of channels within a designated catchment area engaging with consumers, local schools, local businesses and public organizations to generate new business
• To assist in fostering relationships with local schools, businesses and public organizations
• To assist the CM in organizing and running internal and external promotional events as scheduled by HO
Duties - Academic & Operations
• To assist the CM with the overall running of operations and to deputise for the CM in his/her absence
• To assist the CM with the administrative processes that support the smooth running of the centre
• To assist the CM with the recruitment and training of new tutors
• To assist with the weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting on the centre's performance
• To ensure the highest quality of teaching is being delivered
• To have a good knowledge of the Accelerate Learning's Tutoring Standards and make reference to these for observation feedback, appraisals and other tutoring related conversations.
• To mentor newly recruited tutoring staff and to instruct and support them in the academic and administrative processes of the centre
• To help the CM identify training needs and areas for improvement and to lead staff training and development
• To monitor and develop teaching and learning resources to ensure that appropriate materials are available according to the curriculum
• To ensure tutoring staff adhere to the company's systems for assessing, recording and reporting on individual pupil attainment.
• To teach a variable lesson bank in agreement with the Centre Manager of up to 18 hours per week dependent on time of year and circumstances
• To be the primary point of contact in the academic department for all tutors and endeavour to resolve issues and keep the CM informed.
Education and Qualifications
• A teaching qualification 2:1 or above is essential
• Grade B or above in Maths and English GSCE or equivalent
• Confident to tutor maths and English up to age 14
Work Experience and Knowledge
• Teaching experience is essential for this role
Skills and Competencies
• Professional, articulate and enthusiastic
• Able to show a high level of self-motivation and pro-activity
• Teaching experience
• Results driven and a willingness to take responsibility for the success of the centre
• Confident and enthusiastic to promote Accelerate Learning at any opportunity
• Passionate about helping children achieve their potential and able to build strong rapport
• Able to demonstrate a high level of customer service practice
• Experience of working with children
• Excellent IT skills
• Has a demonstrable interest in technology and an ability to use technology in an educational environment
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Able to manage performance and development of staff
• Sales and marketing experience
• All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without a work permit
• Employment offer will be subject to DBS and reference checks
This is a non-exhaustive list of the duties of the above role and the person specification of the job holder. The Company reserves the right to amend this document as the needs of the business require.
Please apply now with an explanation of why you should be considered for the role.
£20,000 + benefits Wakefield, Yorkshire ASAP
£18,000 per annum (OTE £21k uncapped) + Benefits London ASAP
£24000.00 per annum depending on experience London 6-Jul-2017
£32,000 plus benefits Yorkshire ASAP
£22,000 to 25,000 depending on experience plus benefits London ASAP
£22,000 to £25,000 depending on experience plus benefits London ASAP
£19k London ASAP
competitive plus benefits London ASAP
£21,017 p.a. plus benefits plus Bonus East Midlands Various
£36,000 plus benefits Yorkshire ASAP
Competitive plus benefits plus Bonus International (Europe), London 1-Sep-2017
£23,000 to £35,000 OTE plus benefits International (Europe), International Ongoing
Competitive Nationwide ASAP
Competitive plus benefits Hong Kong, Singapore, China Ongoing
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
£22,000 plus benefits salary review London ASAP
competitive plus benefits The East, Cambridge, Peterborough ASAP
Competitive plus benefits South East ASAP